Paper Proposal Key Dates
|07 AUG 2019||Call for Papers Opens|
|10 OCT 2019||Deadline to submit paper proposals|
|01 NOV 2019||Review period of paper proposals starts|
|22 JAN 2020||Proposal Acceptance/Rejection Notifications
(sent by e-mail to the individual who submitted the proposal)
|18 MAR 2020||Early-bird Registration deadline|
|10 APR 2020||Registration deadline to appear in the printed program
Deadline to edit paper title and abstract
|13 MAY 2020||Final registration deadline for all panelists
Participants not registered are withdrawn from the Congress Program
|01 JUL 2020||Deadline to upload full papers|
Rules for Participation
- Research Committee (RC) sessions
- General Sessions (GS)
- Local Organizing Committee (LOC) Sessions
Papers in English or French may be submitted to any session or in an English or French panel. Papers in Portuguese may only be submitted to LOC sessions or to a Portuguese panel in a LOC session.
NOTE: If you have been invited to submit a paper to a panel, you must use the submission link provided in the invitation. If you did not receive it, please contact the panel convenor (organizer).
- Anyone can submit a paper proposal. However, you must be signed up for a free IPSA website account to be able to submit a proposal. You do not need to be a member of IPSA to submit a proposal, however in order to participate and register for the World Congress you must become an IPSA member.
- Only the main author should submit the paper proposal. Co-authors (if any) must be added once the abstract is submitted.
ALL panelists must be signed up for a free IPSA website account in order to have their names included as a co-author in the paper proposal or another role on the program.
- To maximize participation in the World Congress, it is necessary to limit the number of appearances of any single individual as follows:
No individual may make more than one appearance in the program in each of the following roles:
- Chair or co-chair of a panel
- Discussant on a panel
- "Papergiver": may appear twice - once as a main author and once as a co-author. Should more than one of your proposals be accepted, only 1 will be accepted in the final program and any others rejected. You will have the choice to choose the proposal you wish to keep.
- If you are accepted:
- You will be asked to upload the complete paper by 1 July 2020 in your account.
- Be prepared to present your paper orally, in no more than 15 minutes at the Congress.
- Your name will ONLY appear in the Printed Program if you register by 10 April 2020.
- Your proposal will remain on the Program if you register by 13 May 2020. If you fail to complete the registration by this date, your paper will be withdrawn from the Program.
Paper proposals can only be edited by the main author (the person who submitted the proposal).
Guidelines for Paper Proposals
Paper proposals for any session must be submitted in English or French. Paper proposals in Portuguese may be submitted to LOC sessions.
- The title cannot exceed 25 words
- Do not write your title in quotation marks
- Do not use ALL CAPS and Capitalize titles in English as per the example below:
☑ Politics in a World of Inequality
Politics in a world of inequality
POLITICS IN A WORLD OF INEQUALITY
"Politics in a World of Inequality"
- The following points should be covered in your Abstract:
- the research question your paper investigates
- a very brief description of the methodological approach
- The Abstract must not exceed 350 words.
- Do not include references, bibliographical notes, or your contact information in the abstract text.
- Review your use of language.
Submit a Proposal
- If you have been invited to submit a paper to a closed panel, you must use the submission link provided in the invitation. If you did not receive it, please contact the panel convenor (organizer).
- You must be signed up for a free IPSA website account to be able to submit a proposal. If you not have an online account you will have the option to create one before submitting your proposal.
Main authors of accepted paper proposals, should upload the complete paper in PDF format by 1 July 2020, 23:00 (-4 UTC).
- A written paper, in English or French, no more than 25 pages, single-spaced on letter-sized (or A4) paper (8.5” x 11”).
Paper proposals in Portuguese may be submitted to a panel in the LOC sessions.
- Authors are free to choose the citation style of their paper.
- Papers should be uploaded in PDF format only.
Please do not send your paper to the congress organizers by e-mail.
Your full paper should:
- Have an informative descriptive title
- Address a significant problem or puzzle
- State a clear research question
- Review the relevant literature and debates
- Explain your methodology and research design
- Organize your evidence and findings logically
- Provide clear and convincing analysis
- Summarize your conclusions succinctly